As the capital of England, London has long been a central figure in western world. With stories of knights, castles, and princesses it has a rich history that seems to find a place in all of our imaginations somewhere. With such majestic tradition and heritage it’s no wonder that London is a favorite place to visit for many world travelers.
Usually, when you think of visiting a place like London, you think about heading to the royal palace or some of the nearby castles. Those things you won’t want to miss but there are a lot of amazing attractions in London that aren’t talked about much including plenty of fun things for the family. Here’s a list of 5 other things to see in London besides a historic castle or the royal family:
- The Natural History Museum – There is an amazing natural history museum in London with some massive displays and rare animals.
- EDF Energy London Eye – This is the highest observation wheel in the world. Take a ride in the day or at night and you’ll get an amazing glimpse of London.
- Tate Modern – If you have an appreciation for modern and contemporary art this is a must see.
- Victoria and Albert Museum – More than 3,000 years worth of rare artifacts.
- British Museum – This is one that most people are familiar with but I thought it belonged on the list. It has a world-famous collection exhibits that display the works of man from prehistoric to modern times.
As you might expect, there are tons of things to do in London. If you are trying to put a trip together, the biggest challenge is getting there. That is often the most expensive part of a vacation to Europe so start looking early for discounts on airfare. You can find London apartments for reasonable prices throughout the year. Robert & Polly Arnold are locals there that know all about London and are willing to share their knowledge. Not only can they help you book London apartments, they will arrange for viewing appointments. That’s a pretty cool service.